To all our loyal motor sport members, competitors and fans, I hope you are all well and looking forward to recommencing racing. We are nearly there. Here are the conditions that our Club will be running our event on 19 July 2020. Please take the time to read these and be aware of the new rules that we must all abide by to be able to run our event. To comply with Government and Motorsport Australia (MA) requirements and ensure health and safety of everyone involved this will be new norm for racing at the moment. By entering our event you agree to abide by these conditions.
- Everyone must abide by, social distancing, hand hygiene, be patient at all times
- If you have been overseas or been in contact with a known Covid person within the 14 days prior to the event or are feeling unwell please stay at home.
- It is highly recommended that you read the MA Return to Race Document on MA website.
- MA highly recommend to download Covid Tracker App on your phone.
- It is an MA requirement to have a ‘Covid 19 Checker’ appointed for each event and whose sole responsibility is to ensure our compliance with Government and MA requirements. Our Covid 19 Checker will be enforcing the rules. If you are observed flouting the rules you will be instructed to leave.
- Online entries only will be accepted and will be closing at 6pm Friday 17 July 2020. No entries will be accepted on the day. If you are having trouble entering please ring Greg Woodbridge ph 0437 301 429
- The max number of entries will be capped at 40. The total number of attendees is to be kept to min ie the driver plus one other per car only. This is to ensure that our total numbers do not exceed the allowed 100 including officials. To give you the best chance of securing your entry, please prepay with your entry submission. This can be done by direct deposit into our Bank Account stating your membership number or phoning Peter Coghlan on ph 0414 895 532 to pay by credit card. If there are over 40 entries the prepaid ones will have preference. The organising committee will then ballot the remainder of the positions. If your entry is balloted out for the 19 July, it will guarantee you a place in our next event on the 2 August 2020.
- Multiple entries per car will be restricted to same household people only.
- MA and Government requirements are for us to record contact details of all attendees and to keep a running record of total numbers in attendance to ensure we do not go over the allowed 100. This will be done as you enter the grounds from Champions Way.
- When parking in the pits please park a min of 3m away from each other to ensure social distancing whilst unloading and parking your car.
- Scrutineering. As per MA Covid requirements, there will be no formal Scrutiny vehicle inspection. Each competitor will need to read and complete a Self-Scrutiny Checklist in conjunction with the MA disclaimer. By completing the Self-Scrutiny checklist, the competitor acknowledges that they are presenting the vehicle in compliance with the Motorsport Australia Manual, including the NCR and all relevant regulations specific to the vehicle and event. This includes any necessary check of all apparel and safety equipment as to be used in that vehicle by each Driver ie ensure your helmet is in good order and complies with AS 1698, and your fire extinguisher is within 3 years of manufacture date. IWMAC will have a Scrutineer available for some visual spot checks and will also be available for any enquiries re equipment/car safety issues.
- The sign on process will be under the awning of the Clubrooms and will be a one way single file with social distancing. It will comprise the disclaimer and self scrutiny checklist completion, MA licence/Club membership check, payment if not already undertaken, by contactless cashless payments only, and Dorians self service. The Dorians will be sanitised and laid out on tables for Drivers to get themselves from the list attached to table. Car numbers will be placed on the vehicles with white chalk pens by IWMAC personnel during the line up for the sighting lap. Please bring your own pen to complete disclaimers and self scrutiny checklists. To assist in the sign on process, if you are able to print and complete the disclaimer and self scrutiny checklist prior to attending it would be appreciated.
- Spectators or additional family members (sadly) will not be allowed as per MA requirements. This is to help ensure our total numbers do not exceed 100.
- Hand sanitisation stations will be placed around the grounds so please use them as required.
- A drivers briefing at 8:30 am will be held in the open area out the front of the Clubrooms where social distancing can and will be maintained.
- We will have a Staging Marshall allocated who will be ensuring cars are ready for racing and in line with drivers adhering to social distancing.
- As racing progresses through the day, results will be hopefully posted on the Club Facebook page only. The results computer at the base of the control tower will not be on for viewing.
- A drivers debriefing with results being advised verbally will be given at the completion of the day and will be held in the open area out the front of the Clubrooms where social distancing can and will be maintained but there will be no trophy presentation.
We will be opening up the web page event entry for the 19 July 2020 within the next 48hrs so stayed tuned. All the relevant forms and Sup Regs will be available on the Event Entry page. Please be aware that the Sup Regs at this point state entries close 12pm 18 July 2020. This is incorrect, entries close 6pm 17 July 2020. The Sup Regs will be updated in the near future.