To all our keen racers who have entered our Open Sprint Rd 2 on tomorrow 16 May. After our track maintenance yesterday and this morning I am pleased to say we are good to go for tomorrow. Gates Open at 7am and drivers briefing at 8:15am. So please be there unloaded, paperwork completed and scrutineered ready for 8:15am. Looking forward to another great day of racing.
There has been some discussion around the vehicles that Juniors are allowed to drive during our Club's competition, re Auto Cross and Open Sprints etc. After much research and discussion within the Committee and with Motorsport Australia we the Committee have agreed to an amendment to the Current Junior A Class rules. Note! There is no Changes to the Current Junior Class.
Junior (J) class is for up to 2 Litre cars (normally aspirated only, 2WD)
No Changes to Current Junior Class: This is the preferred option for Juniors.
Junior A (JA) class is for over 2 Litres.
Note - as it is expected that Juniors are relatively inexperienced, our club’s preference for safety reasons is that Juniors are not to run 4WD/AWD, V8's or turbo/supercharged cars. To make way for all Juniors to participate in our sport Juniors wishing to compete in a car that is outside the current Junior (J) Class may nominate their car of choice.
Parent-Guardian will be responsible for the Junior Driver
Each driver must demonstrate to the Club the maturity to drive the nominated vehicle
The Club reserves the right to accept or decline all entries
At any time during a meeting the officials of the meeting can exclude a driver who shows a lack of maturity and/or control of the vehicle.
Junior A is not eligible for the Club Junior Championship
If you have any concerns or wish to discuss these changes feel free to contact me any time.
The farmers will be happy with the rain we have had here in Ipswich this week but we are a bit concerned regarding our Open Sprint Round 2 event this Sunday 21 March 2021. The IWMAC organising committee will be doing a track inspection on Friday morning the 19 March and making a call then on whether or not our event will go ahead on Sunday.
To all who have entered for our Autocross Round 1 tomorrow Sunday 21 Feb 2021, we have had very little rain here in Willowbank over the last week. The current radar looks like we will not get too much tonight. So we are Full Throttle Go for tomorrow. See you all bright and early for another great day of racing.
In the interests of the health and safety of all our members, competitors and volunteers in the current Covid situation in the greater Brisbane area, the IWMAC Committee has decided to postpone the 17 January Come and Try Day to the 7 February. If you have already entered for the 17 January, your entry will be valid for the 7 February. Our race event was held on the 24th Jan, results are in the new 2021 results page. Cheers Greg Woodbridge