There has been some discussion around the vehicles that Juniors are allowed to drive during our Club's competition, re Auto Cross and Open Sprints etc. After much research and discussion within the Committee and with Motorsport Australia we the Committee have agreed to an amendment to the Current Junior A Class rules. Note! There is no Changes to the Current Junior Class.
- Junior (J) class is for up to 2 Litre cars (normally aspirated only, 2WD)
No Changes to Current Junior Class: This is the preferred option for Juniors.
- Junior A (JA) class is for over 2 Litres.
Note - as it is expected that Juniors are relatively inexperienced, our club’s preference for safety reasons is that Juniors are not to run 4WD/AWD, V8's or turbo/supercharged cars. To make way for all Juniors to participate in our sport Juniors wishing to compete in a car that is outside the current Junior (J) Class may nominate their car of choice.
- Parent-Guardian will be responsible for the Junior Driver
- Each driver must demonstrate to the Club the maturity to drive the nominated vehicle
- The Club reserves the right to accept or decline all entries
- At any time during a meeting the officials of the meeting can exclude a driver who shows a lack of maturity and/or control of the vehicle.
- Junior A is not eligible for the Club Junior Championship
If you have any concerns or wish to discuss these changes feel free to contact me any time.
Kevin Parkes VP
0419 676 668