Again the weather has been against us. After the rain at Willowbank over the last 2 days resulting in approx 70mm of rain, the forecast of further showers/storms for much of the remainder of this week and our track inspection yesterday, we have had to make the hard decision to cancel this Saturday's race meeting.
To all our keen racers who have entered the Drivers Challenge for this Sunday 26 November. After yesterdays rain and then the deluge last night resulting in over 75mm of rain, our track inspection this afternoon and the forecast of further showers this week has resulted in the track not being dry enough to undertake the required preparation works before Sunday. Hence we have had to make the hard decision to cancel the Drivers Challenge event. For any one who has paid for the event, your entry fee will be held as a credit for your next event or a refund if you let us know by email with your banking details. Our next event is the Day/Twilight Open Sprint on Saturday 2 December and is open for entries.
Track update for those who have entered our Autocross Rd 4 tomorrow, 1 October 2023. After this mornings track inspection, we will be having our event tomorrow but it will be the 2 lap autocross on the big track. Looking forward to a good day of racing. See you there.
To all our racers who have entered our Autocross this Sunday. The track did receive some rain yesterday afternoon and we believe that it will be good for Sunday, but we will be making the final call at 9am tomorrow ie Saturday morning. Will keep you posted.
To all our keen racers who have entered our Autocross Rd 3 tomorrow. The track is looking fantastic and ready for a great days racing BUT please allow extra travel time in the morning as Powercruise is on and there will be a lot additional traffic. See you in the morning.
To all our keen racers who have entered our Autocross Rd 3 on this Sunday 9 July 2023. Due to the rain that the track received this week, and a track inspection this afternoon indicating that the track will not be dry enough to undertake the required preparation works before Sunday. Hence sadly we have had to cancel this Sundays Autocross Rd 3. Our next event will be on Sunday 30 July 2023 and will be open for entries within the next few days. Regards Greg Woodbridge.
To all our keen racers who have entered our Open Sprint Rd 2 tomorrow Sunday 2 April 2023. Even after the storm of Thursday morning the track has dried out well and is all ready for Sunday. See you all bright and early for a great day of racing.
Hi extra keen racers. We have now been able to open our first event for 2023 for entries. It is the 4 lap Open Sprint Rd 1 on 29 January. Get your entries in quick. Looking forward to a great day of racing to kick the year off with.
With a bit of feedback and working our Saturday 10 December 2022 event will have an adjusted from day/night autocross, to a day/twilight open sprint.
Bring the whole family and your friends for a great day of fun racing. We will commence racing at 10am and run through to approx. 6pm.
We will be allowing passenger rides from 12.30 to 1.30pm.
Racing will finish at approx. 6pm.
Then there will be a chance to socialise with dinner being served at approx. 7pm.
The annual Club trophy presentation will commence at approx. 7:30pm.
There will be a lucky draw during the night. The rest of the evening will be for general chats and drinks. Plan ahead, and if you think you will not be able to drive home, pack your swag or tent and you will be able to stay overnight. The Club will have some drinks available but you can also BYO drinks if you like, but please no glass bottles where possible.
As a competitor your meal will be free, but all other adults will be $10 a head, children under 14, $5. There will be gluten free options available.
See you on 10 December for a great fun, social, end of year event.
Hi all racers. The weather again has not been kind to us. The track has received over 30mm since Wednesday this week and the forecast is not looking good for tomorrow or Sunday. So after this afternoons track inspection, sadly we have no option but to cancel the Open Sprint Rd 5 this Sunday 23 October 2022. Our next event is an Autocross on Sunday 6 November 2022 and will be open for entries early next week. Regards Greg Woodbridge
To all our racers who have entered our Autocross on this Sunday 2 October. With a sad, heavy heart we have had to cancel this event. The track has sustained extensive damage from the recent storm and then the CMC Rocks Country Music Festival event vehicle traffic. We could not access the site until Wednesday this week and over the last few days have been in ongoing negotiations with Ipswich City Council on a way forward. We anticipated that it will take up to 2 weeks to repair providing the weather is kind to us. We are planning to be back in action for our next event on the 23 October, our Open Sprint Rd 5. Regards Greg.
To all our keen racers who have entered our Autocross Rd 2 on Saturday 10 September 2022. The rain has been against us once again. After this mornings track inspection, we have made the sad but correct decision to cancel tomorrow's event due to the track being very wet and further rain forecast for today. Our next event is an Autocross on Sunday 2 October 2022. Entries will open within the next week for that event.
To all our racers. With all the rained out events of this year, we have re organised our Calendar to fit in the missed Autocross Rd 2 and Rd3. Please check the calendar for these rescheduled events. Our next event after this weekend will be on Saturday 10 September and will be Autocross Rd 2. It will be open for entries later this week. Regards Greg Woodbridge
To All our Keen Racers who have entered our Autocross Rd 2 for tomorrow 3 July 2022. Wehave inspected the track this morning. With this very unusual weather, and having received over 30mm rain at the track in the last 24 hrs, with more forecast today, we are sad to advise that the track is very,very wet again, and there is no chance that we will be able to hold our race event tomorrow. Hence this event has been postponed yet again to a date to be advised. Our next event is an Autocross Rd 3 on 24 July 2022. Looking forward to seeing you all then. Regards Greg Woodbridge
To all our super keen racers. The weather forecast for this Sundays Open Sprint Rd 3 is looking good for us to actually get on track. This is the 4 lap big track event so is a ton of fun. There are plenty of spots left so if you haven't already done so get your entry in. All previously paid entry fees can be used as credit for this Sunday.
For all those who had entered for our cancelled event on the 5 June and you want to race this Sunday then you will need to put in a new entry for this Sunday's event.
To all our keen racers who have entered our Autocross Rd 2 tomorrow 5 June 2022. The weather has been against us yet again with the rain last night. Our track inspection today at 11am has shown that even with the sun and wind the track will not be dry enough to hold our event tomorrow. Sadly we will have to postpone again our Autocross Rd 2 to a date yet to be determined. Thank you for all your patience in these very trying times. Regards Greg Woodbridge and the organising Team.
To all our super keen racers who have entered our Autocross Rd 2 this Sunday 22 May 2022. Sadly the weather has been against us yet again. After our track inspection today, water is still running down pit lane and across the start pad. The rest of the track, and in/out fields are also still very very wet. And with the forecast over the next few days there is no chance of an event for us this weekend. We have postponed the Autocross Rd 2 to Sunday 5 June 2022. You will need to re-enter for this event once it is open for entry, hopefully within the next day or so. Looking forward to seeing you all then.
To all who have entered our Special Event- Drivers Challenge this Sunday 3 April 2022. With all the rain that has fallen this week, we will be conducting a track inspection tommorrow morning to then be able to determine a plan where we hope to be able to get the track repaired and prepared in time for Sunday. We will continue to keep you updated. Regards Greg Woodbridge
Hi to all our keen racers. Many areas of Ipswich, Brisbane, North Coast and South Coast have sustained major flood damage over the last 4 days. The Amberly/Willowbank precinct received over 570mm of rain over these 4 days. We have not been able to get out to the track to inspect it yet, but we believe that the track will have sustained significant damage. The infield will also be very, very wet and no doubt full of ducks. It will take many days for it to dry out before we can undertake any repair work, and unfortunately more showers and rain are forecast for the end of this week.
Hence, the IWMAC committee have made the hard but correct decision to postpone our planned Day Night Autocross for the 5 March 2022 to a date yet to be advised.
To all our keen racers entered for our Autocross tomorrow. Sadly the weather has been against us again. With all the rain this week and this mornings track inspection, we have found the track still too wet to undertake any maintenance today. We have had to cancel our Autocross scheduled for tomorrow. Any prepaid entry fees will be able to be used as a credit for future events. Our AGM planned for tomorrow is postponed to our next event which is our Day Night Autocross on Saturday 4 December 2021. Get your entries in for this as it is our last event of the year including AGM, Annual Trophy Presentation and Dinner.
There has been some discussion around the vehicles that Juniors are allowed to drive during our Club's competition, re Auto Cross and Open Sprints etc. After much research and discussion within the Committee and with Motorsport Australia we the Committee have agreed to an amendment to the Current Junior A Class rules. Note! There is no Changes to the Current Junior Class.
Junior (J) class is for up to 2 Litre cars (normally aspirated only, 2WD)
No Changes to Current Junior Class: This is the preferred option for Juniors.
Junior A (JA) class is for over 2 Litres.
Note - as it is expected that Juniors are relatively inexperienced, our club’s preference for safety reasons is that Juniors are not to run 4WD/AWD, V8's or turbo/supercharged cars. To make way for all Juniors to participate in our sport Juniors wishing to compete in a car that is outside the current Junior (J) Class may nominate their car of choice.
Parent-Guardian will be responsible for the Junior Driver
Each driver must demonstrate to the Club the maturity to drive the nominated vehicle
The Club reserves the right to accept or decline all entries
At any time during a meeting the officials of the meeting can exclude a driver who shows a lack of maturity and/or control of the vehicle.
Junior A is not eligible for the Club Junior Championship
If you have any concerns or wish to discuss these changes feel free to contact me any time.
To all our keen racers who have entered our Open Sprint Rd 2 on tomorrow 16 May. After our track maintenance yesterday and this morning I am pleased to say we are good to go for tomorrow. Gates Open at 7am and drivers briefing at 8:15am. So please be there unloaded, paperwork completed and scrutineered ready for 8:15am. Looking forward to another great day of racing.
The farmers will be happy with the rain we have had here in Ipswich this week but we are a bit concerned regarding our Open Sprint Round 2 event this Sunday 21 March 2021. The IWMAC organising committee will be doing a track inspection on Friday morning the 19 March and making a call then on whether or not our event will go ahead on Sunday.